Database Engineer – Calicut, India
Rybbon is a US-based SaaS platform for marketers to send & manage global e- gift campaigns like Amazon or Visa e-gift cards. Marketers love how Rybbon makes it easy to deliver gifts to hundreds and thousands of recipients. Rybbon is the only integrated gifting partner for the top marketing & survey platforms – SurveyMonkey, Marketo, HubSpot, and Qualtrics.
Rybbon has grown rapidly to more than 1000 customers with 5-star ratings on G2 Crowd and Capterra. Rybbon is based in Washington DC, USA and in Calicut, Kerala, India. Learn more at www.rybbon.net.
- Front End: Vue.js, jQuery, HTML5/CSS3, Bootstrap
- Back End: Node.js, Sails.js
- Data Store: MySQL / Amazon Aurora
- Cloud: Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Analyze existing database models and suggest improvements
- Optimize database by creating necessary indexes and building stored procedures and views for most commonly used queries
- Build a framework to conduct regular performance benchmarking of the database to identify slow running queries and potential deadlock scenarios
- Assist development team in optimizing the queries to improve the performance of reports and other dashboards.
- Manage data warehouse, and ETL tools for creating the warehouse, update as necessary as changes happen in the master database.
- Monitor production database and proactively take steps to improve performance and identify potential issues with the database and implement changes as necessary
- Monitor data warehouse, make sure that the warehouse is running correctly and getting updated regularly
- Implement database monitoring tools and performance management tools for monitoring and managing database.
- Manage backups, perform periodic testing of backups and test backup restoration procedures.
- At least 4 years of Proven work experience as a Database engineer
- In-depth understanding of database structure principles
- Knowledge of data mining, segmentation/partitioning techniques
- Expertise in MySQL type databases(MySQL, MariaDB, Amazon Aurora)
- Experience in AWS environment a plus
- Experience in gathering and analyzing database requirements
- Familiarity with data warehousing applications
- Familiarity with data visualization tools such as Tableau
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases a plus
Location: Calicut, Kerala